Monday, September 18

House Snake Pictures from our New Camera

Well we broke down and bought a new camera an awesome Sony Alpha which is Sony's new DSLR with a 10.2 Mega Pixel sensor. To break it in I took some shots of three of our house snakes and some of our other animals as well. I though I would share them with our visitors.

First my male transvaal phase African House Snake. He is wild caught from the Highveld if you look close you can see what is left of a wound on his back. He is not amel or hypo this is the natural color of this phase. As you can see his picture is a big improvement over the one I posted in my article, What is a Transvaal African House Snake






Next is my stiped zululand phase female. This girl is just beautiful.







Last is my stud of a Tanzanian Red he spends his days making babies with 5 beautiful red headed gals. Life is tough for him huh?






Next is my new BABY Taiwan Beauty Snake, if you think a python grows fast his first year check out this dude he was born in June and was about 10 inches and the size of a pencil here it is Sept 16 and there he sits belly all full of his first FULL GROWN ADULT MOUSE.





Now look at this awesome red sided garter. Petra from who I met in an online herp forum sent this one to me for free from Kansas. He is also quite full on his adult mouse he ate today. This snake is now my nieces snake that lives at uncle Jack’s House. Her parents hate snakes so I figured she could have one all her own at our house.





Last is one of my Female amel corn snakes this gal is named Secret. She is the fastest growing female corn I have ever seen. Currently about 30 months old and already well over 4 feet and over 600 grams!





Now that I have this awesome new camera as I learn to use it better I will be posting a lot more pics. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and if your in the market for a new camera the Sony Alpha is just awesome.


Jack


1 comment:

Michael Turton said...

We just caught a Taiwan Beauty in our house here in Taiwan......

http://michaelturton.blogspot.com/2006/09/snake.html

Michael