Friday, August 25

Where to find African House Snake Suppliers

It is no secret that the African House Snake is an under appreciated species in the pet trade. No one has really gone out of their way to educate the market on how great these little animals are and hence only a few breeders have them on hand with any regularity. I decided to post on a few of them for our visitors. We will not be releasing any stock to the public from our breeding efforts until approximately late 2008 so I figured until then I might as well spread the word for my fellow breeders.

1. Mefzi.com - Run by a great guy named Donald Schultz who is originally from South Africa. Don imports House Snakes strait from Africa. I have done business with him to improve my stock and so far have purchased a Transvaal Phase Cape House Snake, 4 Zululand Cape House Snakes (a copper striped female, a beautiful chain pattern male and a neonate pair of a female amel and male het amel) and a 1.1 pair of red phase Tanzanian House Snakes.

Don gets a mix of Captive Bred and wild caught House Snakes and also has Auroras from time to time. He has access to pure phase and regional blood lines. Get on his mailing list to be advised when new animals arrive.

The beautiful striped Zululand snake that adorns our blog to the upper right was purchased from Don.

2. Patterson Reptiles - out of Maine has some really nice animals and Jason Patterson has been breeding African House Snakes a very long time. He has also been very helpful to me via email from time to time and you just can't go wrong doing business with him.

3. Night Breed Reptiles - I met the owner Chris at the Bob Clark Dallas Metro Reptile Show in August of this year. He had and still has available some really nice L. Capensis (cape house snake) young males that are all Het for amel. I did not need any het males so I did not purchase any but he breeds a huge variety of species and I bought this beautiful baby male Taiwan Beauty Snake from him there.

Chris was very helpful and extremely honest with me so I really appreciated him. I was also considering a nice jungle carpet python cross but he told me it also had coastal carpet in it. I don't want a 10 foot python and with coastal in the blood it is not probable but possible that a 10 footer could be the result. He knew disclosing that to me would cost him the sale on the second snake but told me anyway. That you have to appreciate.

Those are three breeders I have done business with in the past and I will be sure to share others with you as I meet them. Other then that be sure to check the "other snakes" at Kingsnake.com because House Snakes of various types show up there quite often.

If you are a house snake breeder and want me to post your site in my blog just let me know.

~ Jack Spirko

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful snakes man. i got a female zululand they are very comon here. cause i live in kwa-zulu natal. But your got some lovely colours there the shine is great!